Thursday, November 10, 2005

My only complaint is that he doesn't say "Piro's here already." That would just complete it, y'know?


(From GPF, Click for full sized guest-strippage.)

I oughta read It's Walky!

And I'm going to tell you why.

First of all, let me say that I trust Eric Burns' tastes. Really, I do. The man's site introduced me to Sluggy Freelance and College Roomies From Hell!!! and all manner of other wonderful stuff such as that.

So in my early days hanging around the 'snark, I didn't give the You Had Me And You Lost Me section much thought. I hadn't read any of the three strips it listed, and it didn't really matter to me what Eric was or was not reading. If I've never read the strip, I didn't read the snarks. That was my rule. No spoiling for if I wanted to read it later.

Then, one day, a friend was over at my house and he goes "Dude! I have a new webcomic for you!"

"Oh yeah?" Say I. "What is it?"

"It's called General Protection Fault. GPF." He replies.

My brow wrinkles. "I've heard of that." I say. "I've heard it's good at the beginning but... drops off at the end or something like that."

He shakes his head solemnly. "Just read it."

So I read it, and found that he was right. I loved it. (Which taught me, by the way, that just because someone else doesn't like something doesn't mean I won't.)

I see it's faults, certainly. I've read the YHMAYLM, and I see many of the points it makes. But I still like it. It's still fun to read, and that's the whole point, I think, so I've always felt just a little uneasy about the whole thing.

So today's GPF strip by David Willis? It makes me giggle. It's funny. David Willis is funny, apparently, (I already like Shortpacked!).

So... yeah. Why not? Here's Walky, here I come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home