Friday, February 17, 2006

Endings


(From Angel Moxie. Click for full sized broken wands.)

Just a note to say that... well... it appears that Angel Moxie has just ended. I've seen this coming for several weeks, and for the past couple of days he's been running a single-panel "epilogue scene" type things, so I suppose that I probably should have been a little better prepared. Because suddenly... it's gone.

And this affects me in some rather unexpected ways. I mean, it's not like AM was one of my very favorites or anything. It was good, you understand (clean, manga-ish art evolving into a more distinctive style over time and rather silly, self-aware dialogue that seems to throw off the cliche of "group of preteen girls who save the world" that seems to be rather common in anime and manga), just not anything... especially noteworthy. (Of course, I've always thought that it deserved far more attention than it got; I've never once heard anyone else mention it, but c'est la vie, n'est pa?) Besides, it's apparently going to be re-airing, a la Queen of Wands, on a daily schedule going on indefenitely. And it used to be a lot funnier at the beginning, before the storyline evolved so much and we began seeing the seriously epic battles-that-will-determine-the-fate-0f-the-world.

It was, however, fun. Also, more significantly, it was an old comic of mine, way back from the EGS/Sam and Fuzzy/StV/etc. phase, and so, naturally, it's making me a little nostalgic. So if you just have some time when you're not doing anything else, go and take a gander at this fun, fairly short (618 days) strip. I'm out.

P.S. Oh, and just for the record, this is one of the very coolest things I've seen in quite a long time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Myth said...

Hey, that looks pretty cool. I always like finding a good, decently sized finished series to read through - as much as I love the addiction of the ongoing series, one can only keep up with so many, after all.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home