Saturday, February 18, 2006

Of course, I suppose this means I'll have to go back to sifting through my Grab Bag again...

(From PvP. Click for full sized I am an idiot.)


In case you missed the memo, I deserve some punishment. Chinese water torture. Bamboo under the fingernails. Attack ferret to the crotch, at least.

The reason is this: I have been reading webcomics obsessively since November of 2004 - for almost a year and a half now - and have just this past week gotten around to reading PvP.

Well, that's not entirely true. There was a time, back towards the beginning of my interest in webcomics, when I got started on reading PvP, and then... stopped. I don't even remember why I didn't keep going, but the long and short of it is that I never tried PvP again until just recently, when, to my chagrin, a friend recommended it to me.

I'd been exposed to it before, of course; it's hard to avoid the influence of a strip so prominent and popular as PvP, but when I ask someone if they read any webcomics and they come out of the blue with something I've never read (why can't I just once run into somebody who reads something nice and normal like Sam and Fuzzy or Something Positive or Goats or Zebra Girl? Why?) I kinda feel... deficient. Incompetent, maybe. I'm supposed to be the expert on this stuff, dangit.

So I bit the bullet and headed back over to PvP to pick back up, remarkably, where I had left off, which was somehow still bookmarked after almost a year. And to my surprise and delight, it sucked me in immediately. It was good. Very good. And I ask myself: How did I miss this before? How? DAMN YOU MAX POWERS!

...Jeez. So... just in case you're wondering? I'm a moron.

_Kneefers

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr K said...

I guess theres always comics we haven't tried... but pvponline... that's a big comic to miss out on.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Myth said...

Don't feel too alone. I still remember that fateful day when I got to sit around with a forced grin as all my friends exchanged stories about 'that big blue troll' and then spent an hour exchanging quips from Penny Arcade.

I finally broke down and ready PvP and PA, and realized I was a collosal fool.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home